WARNING: PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION ONLY, BATTERY MUST BE DISCONNECTED BEFORE ANY WORK IS CARRIED OUT. DO NOT PROCEED WITHOUT DISCONNECTING BATTERY TERMINAL.
Turn steering wheel to side. Disconnect Battery Terminal.
- Locate small hole on backside of steering wheel. (Circled in Red)
- Use screw driver to press tab for horn cover to release, Repeat on opposite side.
- Once tabs have been released horn cover will release from steering wheel, you do not need to unplug it, just move out of the way by placing on top of steering wheel.
- Locate and remove Torx screws on both sides of steering wheel that hold OE paddle shifter assembly in place. (Circled in Red)
Once paddle shifter assembly is unscrewed from steering wheel locate the small pin and press it out from the small side. (Be careful not to lose any small parts as assembly comes apart)
- Use factory plastic mounting bracket (M-Models) or included MODE mounting bracket kit (M-Sport Models) to fit onto MODE Shift+ Paddle Shifter.
- Reassemble into factory paddle shifter assemble as per Step 4
- Reassemble paddles, torx screws and horn cover.
- Reconnect battery terminal.
Enjoy your new MODE Shift+ Mechanical Paddle Shifters!